This week has been crazy stressful. Life is happening so fast, and in less than two weeks I’ll be out of college and into the real world. Crazy, right?!
Throughout all of the stresses that invade my everyday life, I’ve learned that there is so much more than the paper or the test that seem to bog me down and make life seem so hectic. So, if you’re having a stressful pull-out-your-hair kind of day, just remember: it’s the little things!
I’ve made a list of little distractions that make me smile, and hopefully they will do the same for you!
- Cute animals. If you say that a picture of a baby giraffe or a monkey hugging a kitten doesn’t make you smile, than you just need to check out these pictures and see if you change your mind!
- Dance it out! Seriously. Dancing is a great way to release endorphins and to forget about everything that’s weighing you down, even if it is just for a couple of minutes. I personally love jamming out to this song by Icona Pop or this one by Macklemore featuring Ryan Lewis
- Bake something. After all, a little chocolate goes a long way! Here is one of my favorite truffle recipes by Chocolate Covered Katie (bonus: it only takes five minutes!)
- Watch a funny movie. My suggestions? Me, Myself & Irene, There’s Something About Mary, or Finding Nemo. Dory knows how to perk my day right up!
- Exercise. If working out isn’t your thing, go for a walk or just do something active. Working out releases endorphins, making you happier!
Well, there you have it. Just a small list of a few things that perk me up and can help you get through a tough week!
Oh, one thing I didn’t put on my list……..
……..can you guess what it is?
Shopping! Retail therapy always does a body good. But remember to spend within your means, because I know there has been a time or two that I’ve spent more than I should, and the clothes will only make you happy for so long!
Have a great Thursday!